7 August 2020
• Occupied residences cannot have builders or workers on site under the stay-at-home orders (except for emergency repairs or for safety purposes). This means that renovations of occupied premises are not permitted. Further clarity has been sought regarding the treatment of renovations already underway.
• Owners are permitted to attend contract signing and final inspection
• Current or prospective clients are not permitted to visit display homes
• Apprentices are included in the limit of 5 or 25%, according to the project type
• It is permissible to give a lift to apprentices who are unable to drive themselves to work
• Drafties, surveyors, inspectors, engineers and like specialists must work from home but if they are required to attend site for inspection and safety purposes they are counted as workers unless required to meet a statutory requirement
• Definitions of specialist contractors has been clarified in the document in this link: https://www.mbav.com.au/sites/default/files/Stage4-Construction-Guidance-Note-7August.pdf
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Please have an amazing weekend. Take care. Be vigilant. Stay safe.