Coronavirus Construction News Update – Elite Building Services – 18 November 2021
We are thrilled to advise that the majority of restrictions are at an end.
Workers may also return to the office if they are fully vaccinated, though it is required that you work from home if you can. There is no longer a restriction on the number of workers who can work/attend in office and it is no longer mandatory to wear face masks indoors at an office.
Work sites are no longer required to:
• Limit the number of workers on site
• Require workers to wear masks
• Appoint Covid Marshals
• Schedule Workers to work in bubbles
• Display number of people signs or face mask signs
The restrictions that will remain in place for construction sites are:
• CovidSafe plans
• Mandatory vaccination and associated requirements
• Checking into the Service Victoria QR code AND the HazardCo QR code
• Good hygiene practices
We are excited that we can now all focus on safely working at full capacity and note that we are here to support you if you are struggling in any way with the return.
Display homes and colour selection centres remain open, however, the requirements are now as follows:
• Workers who deal with customers and customers must be fully vaccinated or hold a valid exemption
• Management of vaccination status, etc is to be handled by employers / business operators
• Facemasks must be worn indoors
• CovidSafe Plans must be in place and followed
• Checking into the Service Victoria QR code
We are so grateful for these relaxed rules and rapt that our industry can now operate safely at full capacity.
We hope that this eases some pressure from you, your family and your business.
Please ensure that you aren’t trading out one stress for another – I.e. the stress of not being able to work for taking on too much work in the lead up to Christmas. I hope you can find a balance that works for you and yours.
Take care, stay vigilant and stay safe.