CORONAVIRUS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE – 16 August 2021
Updated restrictions for small scale residential construction in Metro Melbourne are as follows:
• We will continue to follow High-Risk COVID Safe Plans on-site;
• Reintroduction of the Authorised Worker Permit Scheme;
• Ensuring physical distancing of 1.5m where possible;
• Wearing a mask whether indoors or outdoors (unless an exemption applies);
• Practising good hygiene (including wiping down surfaces on entering and exiting site);
• Acting quickly if staff become unwell; and
• Avoiding interactions in closed spaces (i.e. make sure you stagger lunch breaks so not all lunching together);
• As per Stage 4 restrictions last year, Permits will be required to leave home for the purpose of undertaking authorised work. Given the amount of work that has to go into this, we have been given a grace period and Authorised Worker Permits will only be required from 12am this Wednesday, 18 August. Huge penalties will apply for breaching this scheme.
• With respect to people traveling for work between Metropolitan Melbourne to Regional Victoria, the person must hold a valid work permit to travel between regions and regional residents must observe the Metropolitan Melbourne rules when on site in Metro Melbourne and for residents of Metro Melbourne, the updated restrictions must travel with you onto regional sites.
• Employees must carry the worker permit and photo ID when traveling to and from the workplace. Permits may be shown electronically or in paper form. (Please contact me if you would like a template)
• Further information regarding the Worker Permit Scheme is here: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/authorised-provider-and-authorised-worker-permit
Reduced Numbers on Site
• Only 5 workers may be on site at a time PLUS a supervisor (supervisors can move between multiple sites);
• We expect to see the return of the specialist contractor list whereby each contractor will be able to move between up to 3 sites per week (yet to be clarified/provided);
• We are yet to receive further information as to permitted outdoor work but hope that solo work will be permitted.
Take care & stay safe