FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON LATEST LOCKDOWN – 17 August 2021 (small-scale residential construction)
• A density quotient of one person per four square metres applies at all sites;
• As previously advised, there is a limit of 5 workers on each site PLUS a supervisor (unless it is essential to have more than 5 – i.e. for a slab pour);
• Movement of workers must be limited between construction sites (supervisors are excepted) with specialist contractors able to visit up to 3 construction sites per week;
• Authorised Worker Permits come into effect as of midnight tonight for Wednesday. A reminder that these permits must be carried by authorised workers at all times (a person may only travel without a permit if their primary reason for doing so is to obtain their permit from their employer);
• Specialist contractors include, but are not limited to:
• cabinet installers
• flooring (including carpet)
• garage doors
• geotechnical specialists
• landscape architects
• retaining walls
• security systems
If you are not on the list of authorised workers (outlined above or detailed in the link below), then you will only be permitted to work on one site per week.
We are still awaiting clarification on whether there is an exception for the number of workers allowed prior to base stage and post fixing stage as per the restrictions last year.
More info is available here: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-sector-guidance-construction.
We hope you are continuing to smile when you can and take on each day with a fresh mind.
Take care and stay safe and reach out if you need to chat, if you’d like some help navigating the rules or if you’d like access to our mental health toolkit.