6 August 2020
I hope you are safe and keeping well and hopefully this email helps to alleviate some of the confusion from this week’s announcements.
An update as to Stage 4 Restrictions for the building industry from the Victorian Government can be found HERE.
In a nutshell on residential construction sites:
- A High Risk COVID Safe Plan is required and will be regularly updated. Please note that we have enacted a Universal COVID Safe Plan outlining protocols around hygiene, cleaning, physical distancing, limiting work site attendance, record keeping and detailing response scenarios as required which will be laminated and available on site;
- No more than one worker per 4sqm of an enclosed workspace;
- All employees, supervisors and specialists are:
- Prohibited from car pooling to and from work;
- Required to inform their employer if they share accommodation with anyone working in another high-risk workplace; and
- Required to limit movement between multiple sites and observe enhanced PPE and hygiene measures (including wearing a mask). Further information as to the definition of ‘enhanced PPE’ and ‘specialist workers’ will be available in the coming days; and
- Only to visit one site per day;
- Reduce the number of people on site to 5 people PLUS a supervisor at any one time;
- Limit movement of workers between different sites where possible and only with appropriate guidance (one site per day); and
- Supervisors can move between sites and specialist trades can move between up to 3 sites per week, subject only to enhanced COVID safe practices.
Things for you to do:
- Please ensure that all of your workers have been issued with a Permitted Worker Permit and keep it with them at all times, together with their photo ID . You will be unable to undertake any works on our work sites without first confirming that you (and your workers, if applicable) have completed and hold a Permitted Worker Permit;
- Please ensure that you have enacted a Universal COVID Safe Plan. You will be unable to undertake any works on our work sites without first confirming that you have enacted a Universal Covid Safe Plan;
- In the event that your workers are moving between different worksites, please keep a log of such movement for ease of tracing and tracking should the need arise and also to show the Government that our industry is doing the right thing and leading by example.
As you know, we use HazardCo for our OH&S and scanning into site. Please continue to use the HazardCo App and site sign board. I also wanted to let you know that I received an email from them today advising that for the next 6 weeks, HazardCo are offering FREE access to their system for trades who are impacted by the Stage 4 Restrictions. This means you can do all your SWMS, risk assessments, site reviews, toolbox talks and report incidents on your mobile app. Take advantage of this offer by clicking here.
Please take care, stay safe and let me know if you need anything.