11 June 2021
UPDATE FROM 12AM TODAY (sorry for delay, needed clarity on a few items)
GREAT NEWS!! Internal works on occupied homes are back on in Melbourne & Regional! Must wear a mask and comply with CovidSafe plans.
• Display homes, sales offices and selection centres are now open subject to density quotients
• Masks must continue to be worn indoors and also outdoors in Greater Melbourne & only in Regional where distancing of 1.5m isn’t possible
• All job sites will now need the Service Victoria QR code and everyone must use the app to visit site
• Authorised worker lists no longer apply
• Travel from metro to regional for visiting or holidaying is still not permissible
• 5 reasons to leave home will no longer apply and travel limit from home will increase to 25km. The only reasons to go beyond 25km will be for work, education, care and caregiving and getting vaccinated;
– traveling to display home or colour selection centre;
– attending a client site &/or final inspection;
– attending a handover; and/or
– moving into a home.
• Still no visitors to homes
• School is back on!
• Cafes, restaurants and pubs will open with strict safety measures like density limited, seated service and QR codes in place;
• Hair and beauty can reopen but only where masks can be left on;
• Community sport is back (but only for training at this stage); and
• Regarding work, if you can work from home you should.
• Visitors at homes will resume – 2 people and their dependents once per day
• Increased capacity at restaurants, etc
We have heard of builders receiving warnings for fines and of trades receiving fines and we don’t want this to happen to any of us.
The best thing we can do is continue to follow the rules and keep doing the right thing, which our incredible team have been doing – you have been amazing – and we thank you.
Please continue to wear your masks, practice good hygiene and social distancing and sign in and out of our HazardCo QR board (as well as the Service Victoria QR board that will also be on site shortly) to ensure safety and compliance on our jobsites, each and every time you visit.